June 22, 2009 by Evin
In Cork City, I’ve learned a few things Corkonians just don’t do…
• Don’t feel hesitant about jaywalking – everyone does it.
• Don’t go into the Hi-B if you are an unaccompanied female, unless you are trying to get barred.
• Don’t use a mobile phone in the Hi-B, unless you are trying to get it thrown out the window.
• Don’t try to bring more than four items of clothing in any department store fitting room.
• Don’t forget to carry your own reusable grocery bag around since stores charge for plastic bags.
• Don’t assume someplace is open on Sundays.
• Don’t expect the sun to stay out just because the weather forecast and sky tell you so.
• Don’t forget your umbrella or raincoat.
• Don’t go to Penney’s on a Friday after school in September unless you are eager to battle a crowd of teens.
• Don’t say you like Dublin better.